Saturday, January 1, 2011

Painting 365 Starting NOW

My sweet puppy Diesel <3

Well today is New Years Day. Like many suckers, I am compelled to make a resolution. I almost always make it to lose weight (yeah, original I know) and also resolve to make more art. This year should be no different. In an effort to motivate myself and to have a measurable goal, I'm committing to making a painting a day. I know it will be hard with a full time job and kids and responsibilities and general inherent laziness, but I talk about loving to paint. I want to have my actions show it. Not just a few days a month, but every day to do SOMETHING. They won't always be detailed, and they won't always be the same style and genre. Some days it will be work (ack!). But to keep it lighthearted and fun – I want to treat it like a sketch book in paint on canvas. My parents were kind enough to get me a whack of 4x4 stretched canvas. It's the perfect size to do a quick sketch on, and really cute when finished. Ok, I admit it – I love miniatures. I'm super excited to see these as I progress through the year. It will be fun to put them all together, see how the subjects, styles and palette changes. I hope you'll follow this journey and send feedback and ideas along the way. I'm open to suggestions. 365 is a lot of days to fill! Posted above is installment #1. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment