Friday, November 26, 2010

Buddy and Lovey

I just completed my first two pet portraits that were commissioned by someone who does not know me — pretty cool. The pet business is fairly new to me, and has been really well received so far. I'm starting to believe in that field of dreams theory, if you build it they will come... Word of mouth has been great, and I appreciate all of my friends talking it up. I'm happy to say, with this commission 10% has gone to a great rescue group here on long island, mixed breeds in need. They work with the local shelters to help train, socialize and facilitate adoptions for animals in need. These two dogs were rescued through their program and are now loved so much that they have their very own portraits. They are two of the lucky ones.

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. What is the medium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luke! These two are watercolor and watercolor pencil. I'm more comfortable with oil but the watercolor has been well received :-)

    ReplyDelete