Saturday, November 13, 2010

Getting started

Oooof. Getting started is the HARDEST part. I took Monday off from work, started and finished a painting. Boy that felt GREAT. So Tuesday night I said...I really oughta start something....then I went to bed. Wednesday night I said to myself, gee, painting was SO much fun the other day, I really should start a new project...(not like I don't have 497 lined up and waiting to go...)...yeah, you guessed it. I went to bed. Thursday, same lame deal.... Finally last night I started a drawing. I lost track of time and had so much fun. Why is it so hard to start?? I don't know. I woke up bright and early and did a second drawing and now I'm 1/3 of the way through a painting. It's actually hard to stop once I get going but soooo difficult to begin. Perhaps it's that bright white page before me silently trash talking me. It says 'I bet you can't draw anymore'. I always worry, perhaps I can't do it. And then I do. Yeah, it's a bunch of mind games I play on myself. Anyone else have this problem??

I thought I'd share the sketches I made. They're preliminary drawings for the next two dogs I have to paint. These two are associated with a great rescue group called mixed breeds in need. 10 percent of the commission has been donated to that group. That's the plan with all of these pet portraits. 10 percent back to rescue groups to help some other nice dog or cat find a home full of love. Every little bit helps, right? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment